3 x 32 quicktime recordings (was "Rice and Lefse" progression questions)

Jim Healy

Jim Healy

Feb. 11, 2005, 12:57 p.m. (Message 40610)

Greetings!

Sophie Rickebusch writes:
>I use the recording for "The Misses Cramb of Linlithgow"
>from the Book 40 & Children's book CD, which
>for some reason is 3x32, although the dance itself is a
>conventional 3C in a 4C-set one.
My version of the Misses Cramb is for three couples in a three couple set
with the more conventional progression of 2,3,1. Is there another version I
should know about?

Jim Healy
Perth, Scotland
Sophie Rickebusch

Sophie Rickebusch

Feb. 11, 2005, 2:07 p.m. (Message 40611, in reply to message 40610)

Sorry, obviously my mistake... well, perhaps not only mine: I wrote that after
having looked up the Misses Cramb in the dance database (online version), which
says it's a 3C dance in a 4C longwise set. Plus the other recording mentioned in
the database, by Muriel Johnstone, is listed as 8x32. Does anyone have an
explanation why that would be?

Sophie

Quoting Jim Healy <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>:

> Greetings!
>
> Sophie Rickebusch writes:
> >I use the recording for "The Misses Cramb of Linlithgow"
> >from the Book 40 & Children's book CD, which
> >for some reason is 3x32, although the dance itself is a
> >conventional 3C in a 4C-set one.
> My version of the Misses Cramb is for three couples in a three couple set
> with the more conventional progression of 2,3,1. Is there another version I
> should know about?
>
> Jim Healy
> Perth, Scotland

Sophie Rickebusch
CH - Wettswil a. A.
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

Feb. 14, 2005, 2:44 p.m. (Message 40664, in reply to message 40611)

On 11/02/2005 13:07, Sophie Rickebusch wrote:
> Sorry, obviously my mistake... well, perhaps not only mine: I wrote that after
> having looked up the Misses Cramb in the dance database (online version), which
> says it's a 3C dance in a 4C longwise set. Plus the other recording mentioned in
> the database, by Muriel Johnstone, is listed as 8x32. Does anyone have an
> explanation why that would be?

Duh! Because I made a mistake perhaps?

OK. I just posted a message inplying how wonderful DanceData is - just
deserts indeed. (Or is that desserts - it's lunchtime here?)

I WILL check on this. But I myself don't have the Muriel Johnstone
recording. Can anyone help me out?

Alan
Sophie Rickebusch

Sophie Rickebusch

Feb. 14, 2005, 3:28 p.m. (Message 40667, in reply to message 40664)

Quoting Alan Paterson <xxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx>:

> Duh! Because I made a mistake perhaps?
>
> OK. I just posted a message inplying how wonderful DanceData is - just
> deserts indeed. (Or is that desserts - it's lunchtime here?)
>
> I WILL check on this. But I myself don't have the Muriel Johnstone
> recording. Can anyone help me out?

Sorry Alan, I didn't mean to criticise... I was really wondering why it would be
recorded as 8x32 if it's a 3C in 3C-set dance. If I remember correctly, according to
one e-mail that was posted this week-end (but which I don't have at hand as it's
on my home computer), the Muriel Johnstone recording is 8x32 (hope I got it right
this time!)

Despite the inevitable occasional bugs, DanceData is a wonderful tool and a real
life-saver... without it I'd probably have to give up my PhD to find the time to
prepare my weekly dancing lesson ;-)

Cheers,
Sophie

--