Welcome to the Strathspey Server!
From Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:
Main entry: strath·spey
Pronunciation: strath-'spA (A as a in ace)
Inflected Form(s): plural strathspeys
Etymology: Strath Spey, district of Scotland
Date: circa 1653
: a Scottish dance that is similar to but slower than the reel;
also: the music for this dance
This is a repository of information about Scottish country dancing. Feel free to browse any of the following subjects:
- What is Scottish country dancing, anyway?
- Information about the Strathspey Mailing List, and an archive of past postings
- Information about Scottish country dancing: its history, practice and miscellaneous useful hints
- Frequently asked questions (and answers) about the Strathspey mailing list and Scottish country dancing in general
- A database of Scottish country dances, recordings, publications, and people (data by courtesy of Alan Paterson)
- On-line dance descriptions
- Links to Scottish country dance groups that are on the Web or reachable by e-mail
- Links to other web sites of interest to Scottish country dancing and Scottish country dance music
We'd be happy to include other material related to Scottish country dancing, subject to available space. If you want to contribute, please feel free!
Please let me know if there are any problems or if there are other items you would like to see on this server.