Anselm Lingnau

Re: Controversial View - footwear

Aug. 5, 2011, 11:35 a.m. (Message 61648, in reply to message 61647)

Cord Walter wrote:

> I doubt that I will ever see a dancer
> in something like this:
>
> http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/jaya.aspx?gender=W
>
> but who knows ;)

They have models for indoor sports which look as if they might work for SCD,
but I suspect the rubber soles could be a problem.

We used to let people wear indoor sneakers during their first weeks in our
group, but we have started recommending against this since we had a spate of
injuries that could be linked to the way their plastic soles tend to stick to
the floor. These days we try to get people to buy leather-sole gym or ballet
shoes ASAP, which isn't a big investment even if they at some point decide to
shell out for ghillies.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Mainz/Mayence, Germany ................. xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
It's as if _The Da Vinci Code_ had been written by someone who wasn't an