Cord Walter

Re: Controversial View - footwear

Aug. 5, 2011, 10:59 a.m. (Message 61647, in reply to message 61638)

Am 05.08.2011 04:46, schrieb jo.pickering:
> Has anybody considered dancing not wearing so-called gillie
> (?ghillie, ?gille) pumps or similar soft flat shoe.

Interesting idea. I started dancing with the softest shoe I had at that
time (ordinary shoe with flexible leather sole and little heel) but this
didn't work that well & felt clumsy (the extra weight of a normal shoe
compared with a ghillie is quite hindering for SCD, I  discovered).

So with these kind of shoe out of the picture I wonder how much
alternatives there actially are... I doubt that I will ever see a dancer
in something like this:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/jaya.aspx?gender=W

but who knows ;)

> I can actually dance quite happily on my toes and enjoy doing it, but
> I feel a bit sorry for some folks hobbling about in shoes which I'm
> sure they feel obliged to wear, but are doing them no favours.

Good point as this mitgh be reason for some people to quit dancing. If I
would feel uncomfortably in ghillies it would certainly damp my
enthusiasm for dancing...

Personally I prefer shoes with thin flexible soles not only for dancing
but also in everyday use (since going barefoot is not likely to go back
in style soon ;) ) - but as far as I know not every foot agrees with the
lack of support these shoes provide...

Cord

--
Cord Walter
email: xxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx

2.5.03.02.005: Generally speaking, if you twiddle with something, it
will break. Don't.

Weil es niemanden etwas angeht, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe:
http://www.gnupg.org/
http://www.truecrypt.org/