George Brian Mackintosh

Repetetive Carp

Aug. 10, 1997, 8:38 p.m. (Message 8492)

Bruce & Elizabeth Miller wrote:

>> Lisa Miner wrote:
>> >
>> > The Atlanta Branch is hosting its annual fall workshop on
>> > Friday, October 17, 1997.  The workshop is held in conjunction
>> > with the Stone Mountain Highland Games.  The workshop consists
>> > of morning SCD classes including a class for brand new
>> > beginners, afternoon electives and an evening Gala.  Games'
>> > activities include a Military Tattoo, a Saturday evening SCD
>> > dance, musical entertainment including Alasdair Fraser and
>> > the Games, of course.
>> >
>> > Teachers: Mel Briscoe
>> >           Ellie Briscoe
>> >           Annette Harris
>> >           Elizabeth Miller
>> >           Catherine Thacker
>> >
>> > Musicians: Elke Baker, fiddle
>> >             Liz Donaldson, piano
>> >            Earl Gaddis, fiddle
>> >
>> > Electives: Unusual Figures and Formations
>> >             The Music Tells You How To Do It
>> >             Ball Walkthrough for beginners
>> >             Dancing of the Shetland Islands
>> >
>> > For more information, please contact:
>> >
>> > Lisa Miner
>> > email   xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
>>
>> Lisa...What does Bruce need to do about the Gala thingy(Friday &
>> Saturday), we'll send you the reg. form and fees etc. but need to know
>> whether we should get a ticket ahead of time for the Gala???(Galas!)
>>
>> Guess we have decided against Fort Worden, ( a first for us!)  Since it
>> is Bruce's birthday weekend, Lindsey and I thought we'd steal him away
>> to a B&B on Orcas Island.  He's all in favour, so it's not exactly a top
>> secret thing!!
>>
>> We're going to drive to CA this year and try to catch a play in Ashland
>> on the way.  We'll only spend Saturday at the Games, we have to leave on
>> Sunday, since Lindsey needs to be in school on the Tuesday.  Oh well,
>> rats but there it is!
>>
>> Gotta go and vacuum the rugs, (so that I can roll them up for Cape
>> Breton practice!) Sue is teaching us the jig routine that they did at
>> Folklife, it's pretty cool.
>>
>> Well that's it...hee, hee, hee (to quote Janis Joplin) tata for now, E.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce & Elizabeth Miller <xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx>
>
>Oops, excuse me, that was a private message wrongly sent, I beg every
>one's pardon!   Eliz.

Perhaps quoting entire messages, including embedded quotes of entire
messages, etc in order to add a brief comment is starting to get out of
hand again?  There have been a lot of these lately.

-Brian

PS. Eliz: I'll forgive you, if you forgive me for using your message as
a handy example. GBM

--
(George) Brian Mackintosh      Email: xxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xx
60 Cymbeline Drive,              Tel: (613) 829-9932