James Mungall

Re: Popularity of Catch the Wind (was Tunes for....)

July 30, 2008, 6:21 p.m. (Message 53269, in reply to message 53264)

I know what you mean.  In our groups in Baton Rouge and New Orleans,
it was a fast favorite.  No one seems to mind the 24 bars of solo
dancing.  We've even taken to having the first lady use a scarf to
flirt with and turn by to complete the dance.  I think no one minds
the 24 solo bars because they do go by quickly, and it's fun to get to
watch the first couple flirt and dance and anticipate your own turn as
actives without really having to worry about any other parts besides
coming in your reels on time.

James Mungall
Baton Rouge, LA, USA