Susan McKinnell

Re: Pilling diagrams

Dec. 7, 2006, 5:40 a.m. (Message 47388, in reply to message 47336)

I love hearing all the various ways people work out dances.  I'm afraid
I am not so sophisticated: I just write out 1M, 1W, etc. on a piece of
paper and work out where they end up after a figure, write out that
formation, etc. until I've worked through the entire dance.  And I find
I write out dances "from the foot," i.e. my starting arrangement is:
1M   1W
2M   2W
3M   3W
4M   4W
or however many couples or people I need.
Sue
Chicago (USA) Branch

Iain Boyd wrote:

>Greetings All,
>
>  I have always used squares and circles drawn on paper and, since
Bob Campbell introduced the concept, I draw the squares and circles
with a bar across one 'side' to represent the direction each 'dancer'
faces. In fact, I usually work out a dance in my mind using moving
squares and circles.

>  Regards,
>
>  Iain Boyd
>  Wellington
>  New Zealand
>

>Gary Knox <xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
>  I use dice to work through dances. One color for the ladies and another for
>the gentlemen, the number on the top side represents the couple number.
>
>______________________
>Gary Knox
>San Francisco Branch
>

>Postal Address -
>
>  P O Box 11-404
>  Wellington
>  New Zealand

Susan McKinnell        xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx         http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson