Lee Fuell

Re: C.D. Dance to the Pipes

Jan. 23, 2001, 12:47 a.m. (Message 24463, in reply to message 24455)

To:             	xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Anselm & list,

Re:

Subject:        	Re: C.D. Dance to the Pipes
Date sent:      	Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:18:53 +0100
From:           	Anselm Lingnau <xxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx>
Send reply to:  	xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Date forwarded: 	Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:18:54 +0100

> I haven't had a chance to listen to the CD in question but with a piped
> four-bar intro SOP is to listen for two bars, bow/curtsey for two bars.
> This ties in better with what you do normally (the `standard' chord is
> something like two bars' worth). The `long' bows are more of a highland
> dance thing, and even there it varies from dance to dance and if you do
> bow for four bars you usually have another four bars before the bow to
> get used to the tempo. There is no highland dance I know where you begin
> to take your bow in the same instant that the music starts.

Hmm - the SCD teacher who taught me how to bow to a four-bar
pipe intro is also a HIghland dancer, which would likely explain my
confusion over the bowing process!

Lee