Ray Brown

Re: The Millenium!

April 28, 1998, 8:29 a.m. (Message 11839, in reply to message 11788)

> From: Richard L. Walker <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
> To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
> Subject: Re: The Millenium!
> Date: Monday, April 27, 1998 11:47 PM
>
> I like to think of the computer problems being associated with the
> K2 (or year 2000) situation where the computer clocks cause much
> weeping and gnashing of teeth.  The Millennium can be for the
> celebrations.  In reality, both will probably occur over the
> entire two year -- k2 plus Millennium -- (or longer) period.  It
> should be an interesting time to say the least.

  Just wanted to mention, in medical equipment circles at least (my
profession, repairing medical equipment), it's called  " Y2K "... and,
interesting is an understatement. :-)

> I warned folks about
> it in the 1970s and was told, "I'm not going to worry about it
> because I'll be retired by then."  And they didn't --and they are.

  Unless I win a lottery, I won't be able to retire for at least another 20
years. :-)

			Ray Brown
			Joplin, MO, USA :-)