  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker Sept. 30, 2021, 10:57 p.m. (Message 72084)

    RE: Mobile SCD Cribs

    Or you could just call the dances ๐Ÿ˜Š - agreed if we stuck to the golden
    oldies and they were repeated often enough, it would not be necessary
    - but with so many dances on the market and at least some of them
    excellent ๐Ÿ˜Š we can't memorise them all.

    And yes calling is an art - rhythm and emphasis a must, plus also a pleasing voice ๐Ÿ˜Š

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bruce Herbold <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
    Sent: 30 September 2021 17:39
    To: SCD news and discussion <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    Subject: Re: Mobile SCD Cribs

    I've been dancing and teaching a long time so I generally know the
    dances before the talk through starts.  But given some of the talk
    throughs I've tried to look quiet and attentive for, I am happy for
    anything that helps prepare my fellow dancers to dance.  Talking with
    partner while the talk-through is going on (bad as it may be) is less
    desirable than a peek at a Pillings or a crib.  Of course, ideally
    such prep is done before taking the floor, but some talk throughs
    raise confusion rather than reduce it.

    Charlie's new tool is a simple way to access needed info, on the fly,
    quickly.  Living in an imperfect world, again I say "Thanks, Charlie."

    --
    Bruce Herbold
    Oakland, California