  • James Tween

    James Tween June 29, 2006, 9:58 p.m. (Message 45698)

    Re: Dolphin reels revisited

    This came to me direct rather than to the list, but it's another part
    of this discussion, so ...

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Dick Daniel
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:42 PM
    Subject: Re: Dolphin reels revisited

    This is all another prime example of the product of our highly paid
    professionals at RSCDS HQ in Edinburgh applying their superior
    intellects.

    Everyone knew what tandem reels were [You don't overtake on the
    corners]  - and alternately what Pelorus Jack reels were [You do
    overtake on the corners], until they helpfully redefined things in
    their new manual [The Bible for RSCDS pedants] and declared tandem
    reels to be Pelorus Jack reels.  So now everyone is in a quandary.

    What a bunch of plonkers we members employ.  Perhaps if they were dancers ...........

    No doubt it will all have to be sorted out by unpaid voluntary
    committee members, who seem to be the ones who do all the real
    productive work - as opposed to wasting big bucks on glossy magazines
    and stopping the annual dance books at a stroke.

    Dick Daniel

      From:  "James Tween" <xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
      To:  "SCD news and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
      Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:37:46 +0100