Anselm Lingnau

Re: Fair Donald

April 22, 2013, 6:45 p.m. (Message 63975, in reply to message 63974)

Norma or Mike Briggs wrote:

> John Drewry wrote "Dunsinane." And I learned from the index that
> Shakespeare got it wrong; it's DunSINane, not DUNsinANE.

and often occurs as a prefix (i.e., Dunsomething). We say »DunDEE« rather than
Dunblane, Dunoon, Dunkeld and Dumbarton, all of which are stressed on the
second syllable.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Mainz/Mayence, Germany ................. xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
I'm a Harvard professor. Trust me: The students don't speak this language.