RuddBaron

Re: Afghan opinion

Sept. 18, 2001, 8:14 p.m. (Message 27418, in reply to message 27409)

In a message dated Tue, 18 Sep 2001  1:34:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tim Harrison <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx> writes:

> We are all hyphenated Americans or descended from them, unless Native American.

Harrison
> -- Austin, Texas

--- A "Native" of anywhere is someone who was born there. The so
called "NAtive Americans," meaning American Indians, also are
immigrants. My family has been here 10 generations...before this
country was this country. I was born here. I am, therefore, a native.
As for hyphens...especially in a time of war there is no room for a
half-assed committment. We must be united as Americans. Hyphens split
us up.

s/RBJ