adriana linden

Re: non-SCD postings

Jan. 17, 2001, 7:19 p.m. (Message 24420, in reply to message 24416)

I greatly appreciated getting the MacMaster info (thanx Jana!!), but
the CD purchasing advert was DELETED instantly.

As a SCD teacher, I use non-SCD celtic and celtic-style music for
warmups, and for the interval.  In my function as teacher, esp. in
faciities such as the YMCA, more than once, non-dancers and dancers
alike have asked me to recommend traditional-style celtic listening
music, so information in that vein in valuable.  In these kinds of
venues, we become ambassadors of things Scottish to people, and a
friendly, knowledgeable reply is good PR for SCD... so IMHO some
REASONABLE discussion of these artists and their recordings is
appropriate on this list.

Adriana Linden
Montreal, QC