Priscilla M. Burrage

Re: Briefings at Balls - a geographical perspective

March 17, 1995, 4:31 a.m. (Message 1339, in reply to message 1309)

On Wed, 15 Mar 1995, Mel Briscoe wrote, in part:

> Regarding, Martin Mulligan's note on a TAC AGM in 1978, I was there too,
> also as a relatively new dancer.  However, unlike Martin, I had not
> gotten any prior information that there would be no briefings!  As
> someone else said, the adrenalin did indeed flow.  And I too noticed that
> the teachers seemed quite human; their mistakes were just like mine.
>

> - Mel Briscoe, Alexandria VA

Well, I was there too, and as a not-so-new dancer.  I remember the
incredible floor -- it's where the Boston Ball is held today, first
weekend in May.  I also remember that TAC AGM Sat. night dance.  There
was a tournee on it, and my partner and I were in the set with the
examiners, one of whom was at that time the Chairman of the RSCDS.  My
partner, an experienced dancer of many years, was so nervous he grabbed
my right thumb, and we did the tournee with him desparately clutching
that thumb.  I did nothing.  I said nothing. I smiled and secretly hoped
I'd have a thumb at the end of the dance.

Priscilla Burrage	(xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx@xxx.xxx)
Vermont USA		(xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx.xxx)