Anselm Lingnau

Re: The RSCDS dance publication process (was: Tunes for "Hornpipes Suitable for Catch the Wind" on the "More Memories.....)

July 31, 2008, 4:42 p.m. (Message 53284, in reply to message 53282)

Pia wrote:

> It is a fine balance of servicing the members, listening to all the ideas,
> suggestions, critique, grievances etc that are now, due to the change in
> the communication environment and the change in how the Society is run,
> coming to the fore and also 'opening up new markets' when you are only a
> handful of people trying to do everything, for everyone.

I meant to reply to this but then suddenly found myself having written
possibly the longest piece I ever came up with in the history of this list,
with not enough time to edit it down to something palatable.

Rather than bore the list subscribers with yet another ten-page diatribe on
Society governance and project sketches I decided to put it up on the Web
where those people who are *really* interested in this sort of thing can find
it. Look at

  http://my.strathspey.org/anselm/stories/reply-to-pia

if you have nothing more worthwhile to do with yourselves. If you have
comments you know where to find me :^)

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Technical skill is mastery of complexity, while creativity is mastery of