The Flight of the Sandmartins

Charles Upton

March 29, 2007, 4:58 p.m. (Message 48344)

Hi, all,
Just to confuse the issue further, I have an undated copy of the
instructions (appears to have been originally typed) with diagrams for
this dance which states that the dance was devised by Jack McConachie
of the "Imperial Society".
Bars 9-16 are Rights & Lefts followed by a Ladies reel of 3 in bars
17-24.  The "Whirl " is the 3 Men dancing closely together
anticlockwise for a 1/3 of a circle between each 'loop' ( Ladies also
"Whirl" similarly).
Charles
(Minicrib)
ron.mackey

ron.mackey

March 30, 2007, 12:54 a.m. (Message 48352, in reply to message 48344)

On 29 Mar 2007 at 15:58, Charles Upton wrote:

> Hi, all,
> Just to confuse the issue further, I have an undated copy of the
instructions (appears to have been originally typed) with diagrams for
this dance which states that the dance was devised by Jack McConachie
of the "Imperial Society".
> Bars 9-16 are Rights & Lefts followed by a Ladies reel of 3 in bars
17-24.  The "Whirl " is the 3 Men dancing closely together
anticlockwise for a 1/3 of a circle between each 'loop' ( Ladies also
"Whirl" similarly).
> Charles
> (Minicrib)

	That raises memories.  I seem to remember giving RSh to pass
partner and a communal left shoulder in the centre.  The Schiehallion
pass does not seem to coincide with the excitement of getting it right.
	Mind, it might have been modified later!  :~)

 Regards, Ron

Ron Mackey
Mottingham
London