Here are links to some dance descriptions (or collections of dance descriptions) that are available on-line. In many cases these are the full instructions, published by the dance devisers, but some of them are reworded “cribs”, so caveat emptor applies (or should that be caveat downloader?).
If you have anything to add to this page then do let me know!
The Strathspey Anniversary Collection
- A book compiled from submissions by members of the Strathspey mailing list, on the occasion of the list's 10th anniversary in 2003. (The book only came out in 2011.)
- There Are No Kangaroos in Austria, by Felix Hamelbeck and other dancers of RSCDS Vienna Branch. Available in Microsoft Word and PDF formats (the latter generated from the former using OpenOffice.org 1.1)
On-Line Dance Collections
- The Donald Collection held by the Central Library in Edinburgh contains a number of dance descriptions from the popular “Scottish Dance Archives” of the 1970s, as well as numerous dances by illustrious devisers such as Hugh Foss or Bob Campbell
- Dances to Download, by Mel and Ellie Briscoe
- Ian Brockbank's Badger's Sett collection
- Various books of dances by Rod Downey, including They Stole My Wife Last Night, The Cane Toad Collection, The Tuatara Collection, and new dances
- Dances by Sybille Föhrenbach and Rudi Spägele
- Dances by Anselm Lingnau
- Martin Mulligan's Scottish Country Dance Compositions
- Sue Petyt's Scottish Country Dances
- Dances by Sam Reynolds
- 140 Scottish Country Dances by Martin Sheffield (Note: This is a Google Docs document)
- The RSCDS San Francisco Branch's Dance Collections Online page
- The RSCDS Twin Cities Branch's Publications Page page
Lists of Dances
Here is a list of Christmas/Winter-themed dances from Claire Eymin of Grenoble (France).