LIST UNSUBSCRIBE

  • ...

    B McIntyre June 14, 2006, 4:33 p.m. (Message 45550)

    Ian Brockbank <xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:  Hi Robert,

    > Nobody has pointed out that the dance is much improved by being done as a
    > duple minor(ie numbered one two one two one two all down the line of
    > dancers). Everybody starts as if couples one and two, and the dance then
    > goes on with the minimum number of people standing doing nothing. I was
    > horified the first time I met it as a four couple dance, though I am
    assured
    > that it was originally intended as such. I plead the Mairi's Wedding reel
    > protocol!

    I have to disagree here. This way if I start as a 1 I don't ever get
    that challenge of getting into line smoothly. I'm just doing the same
    thing 8 times. I would rather have some variety to what I'm dancing.

    Cheers,

    Ian Brockbank
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    http://www.scottishdance.net/

    times do I have to ask this?
      Maureen

      xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

      Sláinte,
      Melanie the Seanachie
      Columbus, OH
      Heather 'n' Thistle RSCDS

    maureen vallis <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
      Will you please allow me to unsubscribe, for the love of God. How
      many times do I have to ask this?
    Maureen
  • ...

    Melanie D Pratt June 22, 2006, 5:36 a.m. (Message 45633, in reply to message 45628)

    Maureen,

      to unsubscribe, you need to send an email to the following address:

      xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

      Sláinte,
      Melanie the Seanachie
      Columbus, OH
      Heather 'n' Thistle RSCDS

    maureen vallis <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
      Will you please allow me to unsubscribe, for the love of God. How
      many times do I have to ask this?
    Maureen
  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau June 22, 2006, 10:50 a.m. (Message 45637, in reply to message 45633)

    Melanie D Pratt wrote:

    >   to unsubscribe, you need to send an email to the following address:

    I must admit that I generally ignore individual requests from people to be
    unsubscribed. There are instructions on how to unsubscribe on
    www.strathspey.org as well as in every single message sent out from
    Strathspey (albeit hidden away in the header), so someone who can handle the
    intricacies of SCD should be able to figure *that* out for themselves --
    especially since they must somehow have managed to subscribe, and the
    procedure is very similar! IIRC, the list manager also sends out a message
    with instructions on how to unsubscribe once you first subscribe, so you may
    want to hang on to that as well.

    I must also admit that I haven't been very diligent in getting the Mailman web
    interface to work. It doesn't really fit our server setup, and as far as this
    list is concerned Mailman is living on borrowed time, anyway, so for the time
    being, to unsubscribe, follow Melanie's advice.

    Anselm
    That's the thing about people who think they hate computers. What they really
    hate is lousy programmers.                                      -- Larry Niven