Flying Ghillies Collection, Volume 2

Lee Fuell

June 13, 2006, 11:28 p.m. (Message 45545)

Friends & Fellow Dancers,

The Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers of Dayton, Ohio, USA are
pleased to announce the online publication of our second collection of
dances devised by our members, The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume
2.  This collection is available as a .pdf file at:

http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies.html

Click on the "download" link, then the "Flying Ghillies Collection,
Volume 2" link.  Or, you can go straight to the .pdf file at:

http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies/docs/FlyingGhilliesCollection_Vol2.pdf

The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume 2 contains 14 dances - some
serious, some tongue in cheek, some... well... perhaps a bit bawdy...
Hopefully there will be a little something for any Scottish Country
Dancer to enjoy in this collection.

So download away and enjoy.  Feel free to copy any dances for
instructional purposes, as long as the original text, name and title
are retained and not altered.

We hope you will find these fun.  As alway, "Happy Dancing!"

Lee Fuell
Class Coordinator
Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

June 15, 2006, 10:53 a.m. (Message 45557, in reply to message 45545)

On 13/06/2006 23:28, Lee Fuell wrote:
> Friends & Fellow Dancers,
>
> The Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers of Dayton, Ohio, USA
are pleased to announce the online publication of our second
collection of dances devised by our members, The Flying Ghillies
Collection Volume 2.  This collection is available as a .pdf file at:

> http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies.html
>
> Click on the "download" link, then the "Flying Ghillies Collection,
Volume 2" link.  Or, you can go straight to the .pdf file at:

> http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies/docs/FlyingGhilliesCollection_Vol2.pdf
>
> The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume 2 contains 14 dances - some
serious, some tongue in cheek, some... well... perhaps a bit bawdy...
Hopefully there will be a little something for any Scottish Country
Dancer to enjoy in this collection.

At last! Lee and co. have formalised the "way things are" with the dance
"Mairi's Scandalous Illicit Affair". So - all you dance programme
devisers(*) out there - if that's the dance you have on the program -
use the correct name!

Alan

...and let those of us who wish to dance Mairi's Wedding do so <vbg>

(*) or should that be "composers", "authors", "instigators", ...
<another vbg>
Jan E Rudge

Jan E Rudge

June 15, 2006, 4:14 p.m. (Message 45559, in reply to message 45557)

> At last! Lee and co. have formalised the "way things are"
> with the dance "Mairi's Scandalous Illicit Affair".
> So - all you dance programme devisers(*) out there -
> if that's the dance you have on the program - use the
> correct name!

Is the only difference between this and Mairi's Wedding the shoulder
given by the dancing couple during the half reels of 4?

If so, then I suspect people will continue to use their preferred
shoulder, be it right or left, regardless of which dance name is
on the programme!  ;o)

Jan

Beaconsfield, UK
RSCDS London Branch
Lee Fuell

Lee Fuell

June 15, 2006, 4:32 p.m. (Message 45560, in reply to message 45545)

Oh, no, Jan - the Scandalous Illicit Affair is FAR more exciting than
the Wedding. The differences are much more than just a shoulder pass
change - the Affair has birling, twiddling, high-fiving, and whooping
written into it.

Lee
Pia Walker

Pia Walker

June 15, 2006, 4:35 p.m. (Message 45561, in reply to message 45545)

What no sneaking around corners :>)

Pia
Steve Wyrick

Steve Wyrick

June 15, 2006, 8:23 p.m. (Message 45564, in reply to message 45545)

Aww, you didn't include Pilling's diagrams for the dances.  I'm disappointed;
I was curious to see the symbol for "high five"!  -Steve
Lee Fuell

Lee Fuell

June 15, 2006, 9:03 p.m. (Message 45565, in reply to message 45545)

5^ = high five

@ = twiddle

Any suggestions for a birl?

Lee
Jim and Donna Ferguson

Jim and Donna Ferguson

June 15, 2006, 9:13 p.m. (Message 45566, in reply to message 45545)

How about (*)    ?

Donna
Pia Walker

Pia Walker

June 15, 2006, 10:35 p.m. (Message 45567, in reply to message 45545)

what about

>o<  or }o{

Pia