Londoners

campbell

March 28, 2007, 10:34 a.m. (Message 48332)

Hi everyone,

I currently have someone who lives in Pinner, London who is visiting Cape
Town and is coming to our club.  She was exposed to dancing in her youth and
is keen to take it up again now that we have got her back on her feet.  I
was also running a ceilidh at a wedding on Saturday and one of the
bridesmaids, out from Putney in London, was so enthusiastic about the
experience that she also wants to get involved back in London.  I promised
to let them know their nearest SCD club.  Can anyone help me?  I am not sure
of the geography to be able to pin down the nearest.  The name of the most
convenient club and an address or contact name and number would be great.

Campbell Tyler
Cape Town
David Ambrose

David Ambrose

March 28, 2007, 10:43 a.m. (Message 48333, in reply to message 48332)

Campbell Tyler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I currently have someone who lives in Pinner, London who is visiting Cape
> Town and is coming to our club.  She was exposed to dancing in her youth and
> is keen to take it up again now that we have got her back on her feet.  I
> was also running a ceilidh at a wedding on Saturday and one of the
> bridesmaids, out from Putney in London, was so enthusiastic about the
> experience that she also wants to get involved back in London.  I promised
> to let them know their nearest SCD club.  Can anyone help me?  I am not sure
> of the geography to be able to pin down the nearest.  The name of the most
> convenient club and an address or contact name and number would be great.
>
> Campbell Tyler
> Cape Town

Campbell hi,

Take a look at www.rscdslondon.org.uk as it has an extensive list of
classes and clubs in the South East of England

Regards

David
Colchester, UK
campbell

campbell

March 28, 2007, 1:01 p.m. (Message 48335, in reply to message 48333)

David Ambrose wrote:
> Take a look at www.rscdslondon.org.uk as it has an extensive list of
> classes and clubs in the South East of England

Thanks David.  Unfortunately my geographical knowledge of London is not that
good and so I am not sure which of the clubs listed would be close to Pinner
and Putney respectively. Also which might be more conducive to a recent
convert.

Campbell Tyler
Cape Town
Strathspey

Strathspey

March 28, 2007, 12:57 p.m. (Message 48334, in reply to message 48332)

I live in Pinner, Middlesex so if your contact would like to get in touch
with me I can discuss her requirements and suggest the nearest society or
class that would appeal to her.

My email is xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx and my telephone number is 020
8866 2378

Regards

Graham Hamilton
campbell

campbell

March 28, 2007, 1:31 p.m. (Message 48336, in reply to message 48334)

Graham Hamilton wrote:
> I live in Pinner, Middlesex so if your contact would like to
> get in touch with me I can discuss her requirements and
> suggest the nearest society or class that would appeal to her.

Thank you very much Graham.  I will give her your details, her first name is
Maggie.  Now anyone for Putney?

Campbell Tyler
Jan E Rudge

Jan E Rudge

March 28, 2007, 6:17 p.m. (Message 48338, in reply to message 48336)

Hi Campbell,

>> Now anyone for Putney?

There is an RSCDS beginners/elementary class which
sounds just the job for your friend to start off with.
Wednesday evenings in Sloane Avenue, London SW3.
More details here -
http://www.rscdslondon.org.uk/html/elementary.html

There are several other SCD groups in the area  -  these
are clubs rather than classes and would cater for all abilities
so I don't know if they teach the basics...  It depends what
you friend is looking for, really.  The nearest one would be
the Sheen SCD group on Wednesday evenings in East
Sheen.  There is also the Chiswick SCD club which meets
in Turnham Green on Sunday evenings, and a group in
Balham on Tuesday evenings.  Contact details for these as
well as all the other groups in and around London are here -
http://www.rscdslondon.org.uk/061127ClassesList2006_7.pdf

Hope this helps,

Jan

Beaconsfield, UK
RSCDS London Branch
campbell

campbell

March 29, 2007, 3:15 p.m. (Message 48343, in reply to message 48332)

Thank you Graham Hamilton and Jan Rudge for giving me the extra information
I needed.  I hope both people turn out to be long-term dancers and are an
asset to whichever group they join.

This ability to refer dancers elsewhere is in itself sufficient reason to be
part of Strathspey.  Thanks to all.

Campbell Tyler
Cape Town