The Cranberry Tart

  • ...

    Ron Mackey March 18, 2006, 12:27 a.m. (Message 44737)

    I enclose a message from a friend,- yes another one!  I have
    several actually! :)
    	I have deleted the recent mail on the subject.  Help please?

    last week i went  to a dayschool and learnt a new dance called the
    cranberry
    tart which i liked very much  the dance was written by terry glasspool and
    comes from the states   a book called the seven year itch

    i know you get dances from the states and wondered if you knew any way i
    could get hold of this  i have written it out for myself by memory  but it
    would be nice to have the correct instructions
    Happy Dancing,
    Ron   :)

    Ron Mackey
    Mottingham, London
    London, Croydon & International Branches
  • ...

    Volleyballjerry March 18, 2006, 2:34 a.m. (Message 44739, in reply to message 44737)

    Sending instructions privately to Ron.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

    In a message dated 03/17/2006 3:54:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
    xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:
  • ...

    Ron Mackey April 12, 2006, 11:43 p.m. (Message 45023, in reply to message 44737)

    This seems to be the best thing since Apple Crumble at
    school!
    	All the groups round here have swallowed it whole.  I even
    put it on two weeks running and heard 'Oh, good' after announcing it
    the second time!
  • ...

    elissa h April 12, 2006, 11:51 p.m. (Message 45024, in reply to message 45023)

    I was lucky enough to do it at a workshop last summer.  It is a very
    fun dance!

    Elissa
  • ...

    Elainerb April 13, 2006, 3:54 a.m. (Message 45026, in reply to message 44737)

    I'm sure Terry (who wrote it) and Dierdre (for whom it was written)   (she
    was wearing a cranberry coloured ball gown) will be delighted.   It is a fun
    dance.

    Elaine

    a message dated 4/12/2006 5:52:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    xxx_xxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes:

    I was  lucky enough to do it at a workshop last summer.  It is a very
    fun dance!

    Elissa
  • ...

    Lee Fuell April 13, 2006, 4:14 p.m. (Message 45033, in reply to message 44737)

    Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of
    which he has made available on line at:

    http://home.stny.rr.com/glasshall/dances.html

    Lee

    Arlington, VA & Beavercreek, OH, USA
  • ...

    Marla Manson April 13, 2006, 4:47 p.m. (Message 45034, in reply to message 44737)

    Where can I find a copy of this dance? Has it been published yet? We would
    love to try it.

    Marla
     in Revelstoke, BC
  • ...

    Volleyballjerry April 13, 2006, 5:27 p.m. (Message 45035, in reply to message 44737)

    Will send privately to Marla.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

    In a message dated 04/13/2006 7:46:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx writes:
  • ...

    Martin April 13, 2006, 6:30 p.m. (Message 45036, in reply to message 44737)

  • ...

    Volleyballjerry April 13, 2006, 7:41 p.m. (Message 45037, in reply to message 44737)

    Martin,

    Terry Glaspool's dedication with the dance instructions mentions that both
    the dance and the woman to whom it is dedicated are "fast, fun, and flirty."
    The name however is to refer to the color of her dress on a particular
    occasion.  The original title, abandoned for some reason (after some "negotiation"
    according to Terry), was Fuchsia Shock, clever to my mind.  The double entrendre
    of the final title (which you are not the first to mention) either never
    occurred to the principals involved or they were unconcerned about it.

    In any case, typical of Terry's creations, a very nice dance.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

    In a message dated 04/13/2006 9:30:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    xx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx writes:
  • ...

    Volleyballjerry April 13, 2006, 7:47 p.m. (Message 45038, in reply to message 44737)

    Better proofing needed!  That's Glasspool, not Glaspool (sorry, Terry!) and
    of course entendre, not entrendre.

    Robb

    In a message dated 04/13/2006 10:42:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes:
  • ...

    Elainerb April 14, 2006, 12:44 p.m. (Message 45051, in reply to message 44737)

    It's available in Terry's book The seven Year Itch.  Available from  TACbooks.

    Elaine

    If you like the dance, contact TACbooks and buy the book, it's only a  few
    dollars, and there are lots of really good dances in it.

    Elaine
  • ...

    James Tween April 16, 2006, 8:19 p.m. (Message 45056, in reply to message 45051)

    Is there anything wrong with what I did, which was to search for the dance
    on Google, using something like "Cranberry Tart" and "1-8" as keywords
    (within inverted commas), in attempt to locate an online crib?  I found it
    in a couple of places, where clubs had published crib sheets for their
    respective events.

    - James -
  • ...

    campbell April 20, 2006, 4:53 p.m. (Message 45087, in reply to message 44737)

    Lee Fuell wrote:

    > Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of which
    > he has made available on line

    I taught The Cranberry Tart last night at our class and it went down a
    treat.  I can recommend it to anyone.  Also tried The Dee in Spring,
    another Terry Glasspool creation available at the on-line site mentioned.
    It was a beautiful dance but we only got half way through it as it
    stretched my class quite extensively, they having not met the tourbillon
    or the set and link for 3 before.  Congratulations to Terry on two lovely
    dances.  I have decided to definitely include The Cranberry Tart on our
    Cape Town Scottish ball programme in September.

    Campbell
  • ...

    Rebecca Sager April 24, 2006, 2:02 a.m. (Message 45094, in reply to message 44737)

    Moira Turner taught The Cranberry Tart on the SCD platform at the Loch
    Norman Games yesterday, yes, it is grand! Thank you Moira and Stella -
    good to dance with you both during a splendid weekend!
    Becky

    -- xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx.xx wrote:
    Lee Fuell wrote:

    > Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of which
    > he has made available on line

    I taught The Cranberry Tart last night at our class and it went down a
    treat.  I can recommend it to anyone.  Also tried The Dee in Spring,
    another Terry Glasspool creation available at the on-line site mentioned.
    It was a beautiful dance but we only got half way through it as it
    stretched my class quite extensively, they having not met the tourbillon
    or the set and link for 3 before.  Congratulations to Terry on two lovely
    dances.  I have decided to definitely include The Cranberry Tart on our
    Cape Town Scottish ball programme in September.

    Campbell
  • ...

    Andrew Buxton May 12, 2006, 12:43 p.m. (Message 45259, in reply to message 44737)

    We tried this in class last night and liked it.  I soon realised that
    the key to "calling" the first 16 bars is just to call 1M's part.

    There was a query about how 1W gets into the reel across on bar 17.
    Some went the short way (left shoulder back) and some the long way
    (right shoulder back).  Is this specified?

    One member thought that the 1W being chased by 1M must be the tart!

    -----
    Andrew Buxton
    Lewes, East Sussex, UK