Events in July August

mlamontbrown

Feb. 7, 2006, 12:13 p.m. (Message 44175)

I have just looked at the Intercity Scot, and there doesn't seem to be anything
mentioned for July & August.

I know TAC Summer School is early August, but wondered if there was anything else
happening in Canada round about that time, either before or afterwards.

Malcolm

Malcolm L Brown
York
John K. Andrews

John K. Andrews

Feb. 7, 2006, 11:58 p.m. (Message 44179, in reply to message 44175)

Malcolm,

It's a little south of Canada, but there's Pinewoods July 7-15 in Plymouth,
MA, USA.  Registration details should be out soon.

Jay Andrews
Alexandria, VA
Alex Collins

Alex Collins

Feb. 8, 2006, 4:09 a.m. (Message 44182, in reply to message 44179)

Malcolm ---

At 11:13 AM 02/07/2006 +0000, you wrote:

> I have just looked at the Intercity Scot, and there doesn't
> seem to be anything mentioned for July & August.
>
> I know TAC Summer School is early August, but wondered if there
> was anything else happening in Canada round about that time,
> either before or afterwards.
>
> Malcolm L Brown, York

The Trinity SCD group has, in the past, danced on Thursday
evenings for most of the summer.  It is often the only social
group that has a summer program.  The venue is the campus of
the University of Toronto, i.e. relatively "downtown" with
decent public transit access.

You can link to Trinity's website from that of the basic
Toronto Association's: www.rscdstoronto.org
or get there directly by: www3.sympatico.ca/barber.malcolmson

I anticipate another summer of dancing at Trinity College,
although it's a bit early to hear about summer schedules for
local activities.  Details round about TAC School dates are
beyond me.

--- R Alex Collins, Toronto
xxx@xxx.xxxxxxxx.xx
SMiskoe

SMiskoe

Feb. 8, 2006, 12:05 a.m. (Message 44180, in reply to message 44175)

In a message dated 2/7/2006 5:59:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx writes:

Pinewoods July 7-15 in Plymouth,
MA, USA.  Registration  details should be out soon.

Registration details are in the mail so should be on the Boston Branch
website.
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA
Norah Link

Norah Link

Feb. 8, 2006, 4:36 a.m. (Message 44184, in reply to message 44175)

There is usually dancing in the park in Montreal in June & July.  And, if
it's not TOO far before-hand, you could join us for our annual workshop the
first weekend in June in the lovely Ste Anne de Bellevue at the western tip
of the island.  Teachers:  Tracey Applebee (Cincinnati OH), Arthur McNair
(Pittsburgh PA), Phyllis MacCulloch (Ottawa ON).  Music Friday Social: Laura
Risk & Les Joueurs de Bon Accord.  Music Saturday Gala: Bobby Brown & the
Scottish Accent.  You'd be most welcome!

Brochures for the weekend will be out soon, available from our web site at
www.scdmontreal.org.  There will also be details about Dancing in the Park
there once it is arranged.

Regards
Norah Link (Montreal, Quebec)