Events in July August

  • ...

    mlamontbrown Feb. 7, 2006, 12:13 p.m. (Message 44175)

    I have just looked at the Intercity Scot, and there doesn't seem to be anything
    mentioned for July & August.

    I know TAC Summer School is early August, but wondered if there was anything else
    happening in Canada round about that time, either before or afterwards.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York
  • ...

    John K. Andrews Feb. 7, 2006, 11:58 p.m. (Message 44179, in reply to message 44175)

    Malcolm,

    It's a little south of Canada, but there's Pinewoods July 7-15 in Plymouth,
    MA, USA.  Registration details should be out soon.

    Jay Andrews
    Alexandria, VA
  • ...

    Alex Collins Feb. 8, 2006, 4:09 a.m. (Message 44182, in reply to message 44179)

    Malcolm ---

    At 11:13 AM 02/07/2006 +0000, you wrote:

    > I have just looked at the Intercity Scot, and there doesn't
    > seem to be anything mentioned for July & August.
    >
    > I know TAC Summer School is early August, but wondered if there
    > was anything else happening in Canada round about that time,
    > either before or afterwards.
    >
    > Malcolm L Brown, York

    The Trinity SCD group has, in the past, danced on Thursday
    evenings for most of the summer.  It is often the only social
    group that has a summer program.  The venue is the campus of
    the University of Toronto, i.e. relatively "downtown" with
    decent public transit access.

    You can link to Trinity's website from that of the basic
    Toronto Association's: www.rscdstoronto.org
    or get there directly by: www3.sympatico.ca/barber.malcolmson

    I anticipate another summer of dancing at Trinity College,
    although it's a bit early to hear about summer schedules for
    local activities.  Details round about TAC School dates are
    beyond me.

    --- R Alex Collins, Toronto
    xxx@xxx.xxxxxxxx.xx
  • ...

    SMiskoe Feb. 8, 2006, 12:05 a.m. (Message 44180, in reply to message 44175)

    In a message dated 2/7/2006 5:59:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
    xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx writes:

    Pinewoods July 7-15 in Plymouth,
    MA, USA.  Registration  details should be out soon.

    Registration details are in the mail so should be on the Boston Branch
    website.
    Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA
  • ...

    Norah Link Feb. 8, 2006, 4:36 a.m. (Message 44184, in reply to message 44175)

    There is usually dancing in the park in Montreal in June & July.  And, if
    it's not TOO far before-hand, you could join us for our annual workshop the
    first weekend in June in the lovely Ste Anne de Bellevue at the western tip
    of the island.  Teachers:  Tracey Applebee (Cincinnati OH), Arthur McNair
    (Pittsburgh PA), Phyllis MacCulloch (Ottawa ON).  Music Friday Social: Laura
    Risk & Les Joueurs de Bon Accord.  Music Saturday Gala: Bobby Brown & the
    Scottish Accent.  You'd be most welcome!

    Brochures for the weekend will be out soon, available from our web site at
    www.scdmontreal.org.  There will also be details about Dancing in the Park
    there once it is arranged.

    Regards
    Norah Link (Montreal, Quebec)