Sophie Rickebusch

Re: UP with A&R

May 9, 2007, 2:44 p.m. (Message 48704, in reply to message 48701)

The difference is that with a decent-sized set, you get long and short steps
(light and shade), whereas with a tiny set, you get short steps and on the spot
dithering (or dribble)... so yes, size does matter!

Most dancers can cross 3 m in 2 skip-change of step and fit them into half that
distance, but if the set is 1.5 m wide to start with, then you're stuck with
trying to fit 2 steps into .75 m. With my size 7s, that's about 3 lengths of
foot (even on the balls of the feet and with my best turnout), so it's
physically impossible to do hop-step-close-step twice, even if I only "step" to
just in front of the toes of the supporting foot.

Sophie

--
Sophie Rickebusch
FR - St Martin d'Heres