Andrea Re

Re: Taking to the floor

March 3, 2006, 11:22 a.m. (Message 44445, in reply to message 44443)

George Meikle ha scritto:
> In a posting today entitled 'Dance Cards - clarification', David wrote:-
>

>> I much prefer the more friendly SCD method of taking a partner when the
>>
> music strikes up.
>
> Oh how I wish this were more often the case as I am finding it is becoming
> more common for dancers either not to leave the floor at all, or take to the
> floor before the dance has either been announced by the MC or the band has
> had the opportunity to strike up with 8 bars of music to announce it.

Amen to that.
I can confirm that this is indeed the attitude in Dundee. I was the MC
for some local RSCDS dances and, as the evening went on, people got
faster and faster at getting on the floor, as if they had a train to
catch. Most annoying indeed!!!
Thank you, George, I never thought of the musician needing time to get
himself sorted/have a wee rest etc. I will make this point next time I
have to MC a dance (end of July)

Andrea (fae Dundee, the home of road runners:)