Ron Mackey

Re: Scottish Country Dancing VS Scottish Folk Dancing

Feb. 2, 2006, 10:09 p.m. (Message 44057, in reply to message 44041)

On 2 Feb 2006 at 9:34, Bryan McAlister wrote:

> D___, spellchecker was over officious - for "Wells" read "Wellies"

	Only ever used wellies in a Dem for The Weaving Lilt.
We once did an afternoon Dem for a Fete held in a horse paddock.
Forty minutes of dancing including Schiehallion (which was more or
less de rigeur in those days) finishing with a double Foursome + 1/2 RT.
	Forgathered afterwards at a friends house for tea and then went
up to town for a Branch Summer Dance at Porchester Hall.
	Slept well that night!  :))

	Of course, I was taller in those days!  :~)
 Ahh, yes!