ron.mackey

Re: Help - The Singing Sands

Oct. 28, 2001, 10:26 p.m. (Message 27984, in reply to message 27982)

> From:          "Jonathan Wilson" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx>

> Help,
>
>     I've got to teach this very shortly and I seem to have mis-laid my book
> (probably lent it to some-one), I think the instrcuctions are correct but,
> how does one do a half turn and lead out to the side in two bars?
>
> The Singing Sands.
>

> Priddey
> Strathspey 3 couples.
>

> 1 - 8 The Tourbillon
>
> 1 - 2 First and second couple turn partners with both hands half-way round,
> then dropping inner hands the first man leads his partner to ladies side
> line, whilst the second lady leads her partner to the mens side line.
>
> 3 - 4 All set.
>
> 5 - 6 First couple and second couple turn partners with both hands halfway
> round then dropping inner hands the first lady leads her partner to second
> place on opposite sides, whilst the second man leads his partner to first
> place on opposite sides.

	Hi, Jonathan
		I teach this as a 'swirl' rather than a turn.  If the 1st lady
moves in on the diagonal slightly she makes room for her partner to
dance past and pull her after him. The same applies to 2nd man of
course.
	So, bar 1 - 1L & 2M move in slightly, give hands to
partner a.s.a.p.
and in bar 2  - let the impetus of their partners
help them get back to where they started the two bars.
In bars 5 & 6  the other two move in the same way.
Hope this view of it helps.
Cheers,  Ron   :)

 < 0   Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
  'O>  Mottingham,
  /#\  London. UK.
   l>
xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx