Martin.Sheffield

Re: for those concerned with the RSCDS

June 27, 2001, 12:45 a.m. (Message 26433, in reply to message 26427)

Anselm wrote:
>it is probably the greatest asset of the Scottish country dance scene
>that I can go from Frankfurt to  ... Melbourne (and) I can join in
instantly ...

>Being able to dance socially anywhere in the world
>with people from all over the world is the true legacy of the founders
>of the RSCDS and not something to be thrown away at all lightly...

Very true (it's no fun at all ballroom dancing or folk dancing with peoople
that have learnt a different style).

But a strange comment from someone living in a country where most of the
groups seem to be flourishing quite independently of Headquarters. The
enthusiasm in Germany is such that we can easily more information of dance
events around Europe than we ever get from Coates Crescent.

In what way does the RSCDS encourage its members to attend events outside
of Scotland?
Martin,
 in Grenoble, France.

 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/scd.htm
              (dance groups,  events,  some new dances ...)