  • Keith R Bark

    Keith R Bark May 8, 2006, 4:10 a.m. (Message 45192)

    RE: Sons of the Rock

    I have sent a copy of the dance to Charles.  I have taught the dance at
    several Ceilidhs that I have been involved with here in Canada and people
    always ask if the dance came from Newfoundland because that is referred to
    as the Rock!  At least now I can give them the correct answer.

    Keith

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-barkk=xxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-barkk=xxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx] On Behalf Of
    Charles Upton
    Sent: May 7, 2006 10:19 AM
    To: Strathspey
    Subject: Sons of the Rock

    Thanks Bill for your appreciation of Minicrib & thanks Alasdair for
    information about the above dance  There appears to be several CDs which
    include this dance but am still unable to find out how it goes.
    Can anyone help regard the dance 'The Accumulator'.  I understand that it is
    a 'snowball' dance where the each dancer select a new partners every 32
    bars.
    Charles Upton
    Minicrib