  • Andrea Re

    Andrea Re March 29, 2006, 10:52 p.m. (Message 44897)

    Re: The RSCDS Constitution

    john.m.sturrock ha scritto:

    Hi there,

    funnily enough almost at the same time as John's posting I got an e-mail
    from Martina (IB & Central Germany) asking what I thought of the
    proposed changes to the constitution.
    I have accessed the RSCDS website and, following John's instructions, I
    found the relevant file (I confess that I couldn't find it before....).
    People will be glad to know that I don't have the time for a long
    message at this moment in time, so I shall ask only one question:

    why should I care about the proposed changes? I am not terribly into
    RSCDS politics at high level and certainly my understanding of the pro's
    and con's of having so many members on the Education committee or
    whether there should be a position of Management Committee Convenor
    elect is non existent. I am sure that these proposals along with the
    others are indeed worthy of approval, but how is that going to affect my
    life as a dancer/teacher in Dundee one way or another?

    Andrea (fae Dundee)

    PS

    John highlights the problem of, for example, the dwindling membership,
    but what has got to do with the proposed changes? I leave John's message
    here for reference.