  • Eike Albert-Unt

    Eike Albert-Unt March 20, 2006, 8:44 p.m. (Message 44781)

    RE: Two chords - a question (as to definition)

    Thank you. I am starting to get the idea of what is meant by this. Not
    forming an opinion though, mind you ;-)

    Best regards,
    from oh so deep snow
    Eike

    -----Original Message-----
    From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx]
    Sent: 20. märts 2006. a. 21:39
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: Two chords - a question (as to definition)

    Eike,

    There are many four-couple dances which begin (each round) with the couples
    three and four on the opposite side.  It has been traditional (but nowadays
    increasingly questioned) to begin with everyone in a normal four-couple
    longwise
    set and for the dance's music to begin with two chords, the first for the
    usual bows and curtseys, the second for the lower two couples to change
    sides
    prior to the actual outset of dancing.

    Likewise regards from Southern California,
    Robb