Volleyballjerry

Re: Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys)

Feb. 13, 2006, 5:46 p.m. (Message 44246, in reply to message 44171)

In a message dated 02/12/2006 11:23:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
xxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx writes:

> Won't work with me. Berne is apparently an Invalid City (I must let the
> Swiss know about this).
>

> Alan

Don't know whether this is a factor (I suppose that it depends on where the
programing has been done), but American spelling uses the German "Bern" rather
than the French "Berne."  This is also true of Basel, but does not seem to be
completely universal, as Lucerne is generally used rather than Luzern.

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA