  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry Feb. 13, 2006, 5:46 p.m. (Message 44246)

    Re: Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys)

    In a message dated 02/12/2006 11:23:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
    xxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx writes:

    > Won't work with me. Berne is apparently an Invalid City (I must let the
    > Swiss know about this).
    >

    > Alan

    Don't know whether this is a factor (I suppose that it depends on where the
    programing has been done), but American spelling uses the German "Bern" rather
    than the French "Berne."  This is also true of Basel, but does not seem to be
    completely universal, as Lucerne is generally used rather than Luzern.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA