  • Andrew Buxton

    Andrew Buxton Feb. 9, 2006, 11:10 a.m. (Message 44200)

    Re: Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys)

    It has put our club (Brighton) in the sea!  I imagine it doesn't go
    any more accurately than the town?
      Andrew Buxton
      Brighton, UK
    Alexandre Rafalovitch <> wrote:
    I think the basic concept is one person - one marker (per map); so
    probably not too people. Though I do see people somehow added things
    twice. I don't think they get two locations though.
    I think you can create two accounts. Alternative, if you give me the
    address details (post code, website url, etc.), I will manually add
    them in with the infrormation. I can also delete members from the map
    if you get totally lost.
    It would also be nice to add some more remote branches. I found a
    website for one of the group in Lyon (France), have to email to them.
    Do we have anybody from Japan on this list to convince to add
    Also, I am happy to resolve the problems offlist to avoid annoying other people.
    On 2/8/06, John Chambers wrote:
    > Alex wrote:
    > | I know that RSCDS website has a map of branches, but I thought it
    > | might be nice to try making one that is fast and easy to update (and
    > | plays with modern technology).
    > |
    > | For that, I have created a RSCDS map at:
    > |
    > | Check it out and add your group to the map (perhaps with group's
    > | website URL). It should be fairly easy, but if anybody is having
    > | problems, let me know offline and I will try to help.
    > Funny thing; I'd put a marker on a frappr map for another group that
    > I'm a part of, and then when nobody else from Boston added the local
    > branch, I decided to do it. Disaster! My two entries are both there,
    > hopelessly garbled together. I've been trying to figure out how to
    > fix it, or remove one of them; total failure. Apparently it didn't
    > occur to them that someone might actually be in two groups.
    Andrew Buxton
    Lewes, East Sussex, UK
    To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
    Yahoo! Security Centre.