Cecilia Stolzer Grote

RE: MP3 idea

Oct. 2, 2001, 10:19 a.m. (Message 27651, in reply to message 27630)

I thought the discussion was on out-of-print music.  It's extremely
frustrating to find out that the perfect piece of music you've just heard
is out of print, and no plans to re-issue it.    I think most of us agree
about supporting our musicians, heck I own record/tape/CD of more
recordings than I care to admit.  But how can you buy a CD of something,
when it doesn't exist?

Cecilia Stolzer-Grote
RSCDS San Francisco Branch

Message text written by INTERNET:xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

Right on!

I buy the CDs, and reburn the to CD or minidisc the track that I want to
listen too frequently...but I still have the CDs.

In the English Country Dance group to which I belong, I purchase two CDs,
one for the group and one of me.

The cost of music is cheap compared to the cost of not finding bands in the

future when you need them.

mm

<