Rebecca Sager

Re: The One O'Clock Canon

Aug. 5, 2013, 2:25 a.m. (Message 64357, in reply to message 64356)

Ian - congratulations (I guess) on having your dance given the RSCDS
seal of approval. We don't have Book 47 here yet. The video from
Summer School recently uploaded to DanceData is very clear and easy to
follow, and of course Eric's crib is correct. We still made a hash of
it on Friday night, but it was late in the evening and our brains were
scrambled. We may do better next time. I can remember it being taught
in a couple of workshops I attended back in the 90s, I seem to
recollect it going well then.

Becky

Becky Sager
Marietta GA USA
          "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about
learning how to dance in the rain."   Vivian Greene

From: "Ian Brockbank" <xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
To: "Strathspey" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Cc: "'RSCDS'" <xxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: The One O'Clock Canon
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:23:53 +0100

Hi All,

I've had several queries asking me if the last 2 bars of The One
O'ClockCanon have changed.  For bars 63-64, Book 47 says "1st couple
cast off one place while the couple in fourth place dance up to third
place." This is a misprint.  Only on bars 159-160 do they dance up to
third place.On all other times through (63-64, 95-96 and 127-128) they
dance up to second place, allowing the previous first couple (half way
through their dance) to cast into third place.

Cheers, Ian Brockbank