L. Friedman-Shedlov

Re: The Breakdown

June 26, 2006, 5:59 a.m. (Message 45656, in reply to message 45655)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Becky Sager wrote:
> But The Breakdown isn't just a (to many people) obscure Whetherly
> dance, but is a terrific tune suitable for, among other dances, The
> Falls of Rogie - a rather less obscure 8x32 reel. I'm a big fan of both
> the (latter) dance and the recording.

Well, "The Breakdown" *shouldn't* be an obscure dance -- it's really fun!
Anyway, usually on an CD of SCD tunes, the tracks are listed by the name
of the dance, rather than by the name of the tune, so I assumed the track
titled "The Breakdown" was meant for the dance of the same name.
Also, I'm still wondering why DanceData lists the dance as an 8x32.  Is
that just an error based on the fact that there is an 8x32 recording of
the tune?

/ Lara Friedman-Shedlov
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Lara Friedman~Shedlov               "Librarians -- Like Google, but
xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx                       warm-blooded"