Anselm Lingnau

Re: Divided by a common language (was Reels and Hornpipes)

June 21, 2006, 3:29 p.m. (Message 45606, in reply to message 45604)

John Chambers wrote:

> We do have a minor problem in English, in that the opposite
> of "within" obviously should be "without", [...]

You mean as in

  Come all without, come all within,
  You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn!

Anselm
Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of
the week debugging Monday's code.                               -- Dan Salomon