James Leonard Rooke

Re: Scottish Country Dancing VS Scottish Folk Dancing

Jan. 29, 2006, 4:09 a.m. (Message 43925, in reply to message 43923)

At 01:05 AM 1/29/2006 +0000, you wrote:

>         Careful James
>                 Certain people might get offended if you refer to
>Scottish Folk Dance!     That's why we call it Scottish Country Dancing.
>It has the connotation of 'Balls' and 'smart' to many.
>         Regards, Ron

Thanks for your warning to be careful using Scottish Folk dance.  The
person that was responsible for the clubs advertising wasn't a member  and
the girls (ladies) who were the main members made up badges calling it SCD
which even I considered more appropriate.

James Leonard Rooke
http://users.chartertn.net/jleonard
Jim