Jeannie Carmichael Ball (was Incredible Dance escape this year)

  • ...

    Chris1Ronald Sept. 26, 2001, 4:46 a.m. (Message 27522)

    In a message dated 09/25/2001 3:27:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx writes: May I suggest one of Ken McFarland's tours?

    Dear Pat, Martin, Marilynn and other friends and subscribers,

    May I suggest a time and place?

    That is, 2 to 4 November in New York.  This is the time of our annual Ball.
    There will be a concert in New York given by Alastair Fraser and Muriel
    Johnstone on the Friday evening. The Ball is held in the historic Hotel
    Thayer at West Point on Saturday evening, and there is a "brunch" dance in
    the Hotel on the Sunday, from 11am to 2pm. Alastair and Muriel will play for
    all events, and may even be seen at the "after-party". Who knows?

    If you are musically inclined, you may also like to know that Alastair will
    be giving a workshop on the Sunday late afternoon in the city.

    For more information, please visit our website: rscdsnewyork.org.

    There's never been a better time to visit New York.

    Chris.
  • ...

    Patricia Ruggiero Sept. 27, 2001, 3:14 a.m. (Message 27541, in reply to message 27522)

    Chris wrote:

    "May I suggest a time and place?
    That is, 2 to 4 November in New York.  This is the time of our annual Ball."

    The Law of Dance Conflicts is operating here.  It says "if there is one good
    event happening on a given date, there is bound to be another good event
    scheduled for that same date."

    Argyle Weekend, Northern Virginia Branch....a short version of Camp
    Ramblewood.

    (And I had meant to ask you and your wife, while at Camp, if you'd be
    interested in coming down for Argyle!)

    Pat
  • ...

    Rebecca Sager Sept. 27, 2001, noon (Message 27550, in reply to message 27522)

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:14:33 -0400 "Patricia Ruggiero"
    <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:
    > Chris wrote:
    >
    > That is, 2 to 4 November in New York.  This is the time of our annual
    Ball."

    > The Law of Dance Conflicts is operating here.  It says "if there is one
    good
    > event happening on a given date, there is bound to be another good
    event
    > scheduled for that same date."
    >
    > Argyle Weekend, Northern Virginia Branch....a short version of Camp
    > Ramblewood.

    Also the Central Kentucky Branch will hold its annual Harvest Ball in
    Louisville on November 3rd. I can drive to that one. When we stepped on
    the solid ground of Atlanta airport on September 22 after our connecting
    flight from Philadelphia, I practically kissed the hot grubby floor!

    Becky

    Becky Sager
    Marietta GA USA