Anselm Lingnau

Re: Double triangles (was Divided by a common language)

June 21, 2006, 8:48 p.m. (Message 45621, in reply to message 45620)

James Tween wrote:

> Could you describe "actual" double (tri)angles for those of me who wants a
> little more info than the general sketch you gave?

The Wilson document in question is available from the Strathspey Server (in
PDF, thanks to the US Library of Congress), at

  http://www.strathspey.org/history/wilson-system.pdf

The description of »the double triangle« is on page 155 of the PDF.

For those of you who are understandably loth to download a 9-MB PDF file, I
have put up the relevant bit at

  http://www.strathspey.org/history/wilson-doubletri.png

It is a picture with explanations that do not make a lot of sense without the
picture.

Anselm
Where love is concerned, too much is not even enough.
                                            -- Pierre-Augustin De Beaumarchais