  • Miriam L. Mueller

    Miriam L. Mueller June 20, 2006, 5:59 p.m. (Message 45596)

    Re: Divided by a common language

    And these don't include the effects of local "accents". I remember a
    dance in New Zealand where the talk-through started with what sounded to
    American me like: "All sit." It was a moment before I realized that the
    initial step was pas-de-basque, and had a chuckle to myself at my
    expense.
            Mimi/Miriam Mueller        San Francisco