  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker June 19, 2006, 6:25 p.m. (Message 45586)

    RE: Divided by a common language (was Reels and Hornpipes)

    It is called Single fish in this area for just the fish - mind you you
    have to be rich these days :>)

    and you can have it battered or crumbed

    and for the chips - remember the salt and/or vinegar.

    and if you really want to push the boat out - order a single fish and
    a chip-buttie - a lovely scottish roll, buttered and with chips
    sandwiched between the two halves.

    Ooohhh! Scottish cuisine at its best - and don't forget the deep-fried
    mars-bar for afters.

    If you don't like fish - you can always have a white or red pudding -
    I would not even hazard a guess on what the conten is - or what about
    my local which has deepfried pizza on the menu.

    Pia
    who is going out to prepare pot-roast oxtails with new potatoes for her tea