  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker May 11, 2006, 8:48 p.m. (Message 45244)

    RE: Why SCD doesn't attract the young - was Re: Ask and Ye shall receive - Perhaps!

    Or that the other 7 are wrong ! ;>)

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of Jan
    E Rudge
    Sent: 11 May 2006 16:45
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Re: Why SCD doesn't attract the young - was Re: Ask and Ye shall
    receive - Perhaps!

    Andrew wrote....
    < I was told to stay in the current class until I had
    stopped dancing ahead of the music. I know that I have to fit in
    with the music and the other dancers, but I was dancing at the speed
    that was right for me.. >

    Andrew, were you getting further and further ahead of the music?
    If not, then you were dancing at the same speed as everyone
    else, but a little bit ahead of the beat.  BTW I do hope the negative
    comment doesn't put you off SCD for good, none of us is perfect
    anyway!

    Margaret wrote....
    < [in dems] there's nothing worse than one head bobbing
    out of sync with the others >

    It's not necessarily as simple as that one person being out
    of time with the music...  It's often (usually?) an indication that
    their feet are doing something different to everyone else's  ;o)

    Jan

    Beaconsfield, UK
    RSCDS London Branch

    for such purpose.