  • Steve Wyrick

    Steve Wyrick May 9, 2006, 3:30 p.m. (Message 45206)

    Re: Ask and Ye shall receive - Perhaps!

    Iain Boyd wrote:

    >   24 recordings of "Hamilton House" - which is very rarely danced these days -
    > is probably 16-20 too many!
    >
    >   It would be nice to have recordings of some of the other 12000 dances
    > recorded in DanceData than the same dances over and over again - "The
    > Montgomeries Rant", "Mairi's Wedding" to name just two.
    >
    >   There are so many really good dances out there that do not have music, and,
    > lets face it, most will never be danced because there is no recorded music!

    In my experience, not having the correct music is rarely a show-stopper!  It
    would be interesting, though, to know how many of those 12,000 dances
    actually specify a particular tune.  Does anyone know if there's a way to
    get this information from DanceData?  The other information that I'd find
    interesting is how many distinct tunes are specified in those 12,000
    records, and how many repeats there are.
    --
    Steve Wyrick -- Concord, California