  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau May 8, 2006, 12:28 a.m. (Message 45191)

    Re: RSCDS News via RSS (was: Lets Dance Scottish)

    Ian Brockbank wrote:

    > So far I have only managed this
    > when reading via the in-built RSS readers in web browsers - if you
    > go to http://www.rscds.org/login_form and log in as usual, and then
    > refresh the RSS feed you will see the members-only items as well.
    > Maybe someone else will be able to work out how to log in using other
    > readers.

    I haven't checked this myself on the RSCDS site, but the official way of
    including a user name and password with a URL request directly (a.k.a. web
    address) is

      http://USERNAME:xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxxxx.xxx/news/RSS

    (you know the username and password, or where to obtain it from).

    Whether the RSCDS site accepts it like that is anybody's guess.

    Incidentally, while you're configuring your RSS readers, the headings, senders
    and dates of the most recent Strathspey messages have for some time been
    available as

      http://www.strathspey.org/archive/recent.rss

    (this feed forms the basis of the »Strathspey Postings« box on the Strathspey
    Server's main page). I have so far not arranged for an RSS feed of the actual
    articles but would be happy to do so given sufficient interest.

    Anselm
    You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on the
    continuing viability of FORTRAN.                             -- Alan J. Perlis