Alexandre Rafalovitch

Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

April 2, 2006, 8:52 p.m. (Message 44956, in reply to message 44955)

On 4/2/06, Alasdair Graham <xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx> wrote:
> Lets start with a little.
> For the pictures and another report see the Glasgow Branch Website
> http://www.rscdsglasgow.org/index.htm and click on LATEST NEWS then follow
> the links for the pictures and report.

Blogged: http://alwayslearning.wordpress.com/2006/04/02/who-said-
children-dont-like-scottish-country-dancing/
Technical comment: If the pages and links were not Flash and Frames,
Google (and other people) would find them much easier.
Also, if the owner of the pictures would upload even one or two of
these to Flickr.com, it would be a great start. The first 100 photos
per user are totally free to host.

> As for official RSCDS action don't hold your breath.  You only have to look
> at the HQ link for the Perth & Perthshire Branch website under UK Branches,
> Scotland.  The information here is 18 months out of date.  The listed
> Chairman, Linda Gaul, completed her term fully 18 months ago and was
> succeeded by Jane Rattray.  The Treasurer is still listed as Jim Healy!!!!

Well, maybe that is a problem that needs to be acknowledged and dealt
with. I know a fancy new website is in the plans, but (even being a
techie) I think it is more important to have information correct
rather than flashy. Even to have a small link at the bottom of each
page saying 'report problem with this page' might do wonders.

Regards,
   Alex.