  • Steve Wyrick

    Steve Wyrick March 20, 2006, 6:52 p.m. (Message 44774)

    Re: Two chords - a question

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:18 -0800
      "simon scott" <xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

    > 	Or, for the few dancers and musicians who wish, a duplicate
    > chord can be added.
    >
    > 	Can we hear from any strathspey musicians regarding their
    > comments on the matter.
    >
    > Simon Vancouver

    Yes, but it's somewhat easier to subtract than to add (BTW it can be done
    "non-destructively" in iTunes for those who run their classes from laptops),
    and in spite of your reasonable arguments for using only one chord, which I
    agree with, I suspect that your viewpoint is probably a minority one when the
    whole of the RSCDS (not just the correspondents on Strathspey) is considered!
     At any rate, as a musician I have no problem with playing double chords when
    asked to.  However I try to play the 2 chords differently so it sounds more
    interesting and less like a mistake!
    --
    Steve Wyrick - Concord, California