  • Sophie Rickebusch

    Sophie Rickebusch Feb. 13, 2006, 6:31 p.m. (Message 44248)

    Bern(e) - off topic (was Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys))

    Funnily enough, the Encyclopaedia Britannica has the city and canton under "Bern"
    but also includes an entry for the "Berne Convention" (with the alternative spelling
    mentioned in both cases). The Oxford reference online seems to have a happy
    mixture of both, with the "English" spelling given as "Berne" in the English-Italian
    dictionary and "Bern" in the English-Spanish one!

    And for those of you who don't know the place, it definitely doesn't qualify as an
    Invalid City: it's got a lot of topography and you have to be pretty fit to walk or
    cycle around it :-)

    Sophie

    Quoting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx:

    --