  • Paula Jacobson

    Paula Jacobson Oct. 9, 2001, 10:07 a.m. (Message 27807)

    RE: Lady Hamilton's Strathspey Question

    Hi Richard,

    Yes, the 1s & 3s set, then turn with both hands.
    This comes from the SF branch website, and I too, have
    trouble deciding which instructions go with which bars
    of music. Our webmaster is working on the problem.

    Paula Jacobson
    San Francisco Branch

    -----Original Message-----
    From: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx [mailto:xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 10:06 AM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Lady Hamilton's Strathspey Question

    Hi,
         I received the instructions for an upcoming ball via an email
    attachment, but the formatting got a bit corrupted, and the dance
    instructions for Lady Hamilton's Strathspey were a bit unclear.  Can anyone
    tell me in bars 9-12, do couples 1 and 3 set and then turn two hands round,
    or do they turn two hands round without setting?  Not an RSCDS dance, nor
    in Pilling, so I couldn't check my usual sources; I believe it is a J
    Drewry dance.
    Thanks,
    Richard Brown
    Conklin, NY