  • Don MacQueen

    Don MacQueen Oct. 9, 2001, 2:59 a.m. (Message 27803)

    Re: Pre-Booking

    I think the objection that was raised was towards excessive, not
    occasional, pre-booking.
    Especially in situations where most of the dancers pre-book most of the dances.
    Personally, I have never objected to the practice of pre-booking a
    small number of dances, but I do object to the practice of
    pre-booking almost every dance.
    At 4:56 PM -0400 10/8/01, wrote:
    >I agree that pre-booking is not always appropriate but consider this
    >The hall is large, there are 200 dancers.  You have a friend you very much
    >want to dance with but said friend always seems to be so far away at the end
    >of a dance, or is sitting on the opposite side of the hall, that if you don't
    >pre-book something, you may never get that nice dance.  By the time you have
    >made your way over to the friend he/she has probably found another dance
    >Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA
    Don MacQueen
    California, USA